Why should I join the community league?
- Your community league represents the residents of the Woodcroft Community when dealing with the City of Edmonton and city organizations. This is your opportunity to provide your input in the future direction of your community. The City of Edmonton will consult with the Community League on issues of zoning, neighbourhood development, changes in city program delivery and issues affecting the community. In order to represent you effectively, the Community League Board of Directors needs your input.
- As a community league member, you may be entitled to discounted admission fees to various facilities throughout the city.
How do I make my opinions know to the Community League’s Board of Directors?
- By attending the Annual General Meeting held each fall. If you are a community league member, you have an opportunity to help select the individuals who will represent your community on the Board of Directors.
- By attending special meetings called to discuss specific issues that arise through the year.
- By reading your quarterly newsletter and checking the website (www.woodcroftcl.org) for updated information between newsletters.
- By contacting one of the board members listed on our website and the back of the quarterly newsletter.
- By completing information gathering questionnaires and surveys used by the Community League to determine what is important to you.
Is there anything else I can do?
- Take part in activities and programs offered by your Community League.
- Lend a hand. “Many hands make light work” and give you and your family an opportunity to get to know your neighbours while having fun.
Come out and join us. We look forward to getting to know you and your family.