2017 Summer Playground Update
To promote a safe and healthy environment and to ensure everyone’s continued enjoyment of our new playground, we ask that users observe the following:
- City bylaws 2202 and 14614 prohibit:
- bringing dogs into the playground,
- smoking in and around the playground area
- bringing motorized vehicles (ATV’s, motorcycles, etc) into the park/playground
- We ask that bicyclists park their bikes when visiting the playground. We have already had one serious injury accident where a cyclist struck a child playing in the playground area.
Toilets: Unfortunately, one of the most common complaints we hear is that the community playground is not equipped with public washrooms.
- This year the community league will be paying for an handican toilet for playground users for the period May 12 to October 16.
- The City Parks Department will also provide a portable toilet adjacent to the Commonwealth Bowling Greens.
- There are also public washrooms at the tennis courts and the Peter Hemmingway Swimming Pool.
Water for the Spray Deck will remain on daily from 9 AM – 9 PM from May 19 - September 19.
Parking: For those who are driving to the site, there is a large parking lot on the south side of the playground/spray deck.