Summer Playground Update
It is great to see so many people enjoying the playground in spite of our cold spring. To promote a safe and healthy environment and to ensure everyone’s continued enjoyment of our new playground, we ask that users observe the following:
- City bylaws 2202 and 14614 prohibit:
- bringing dogs into the playground,
- smoking in and around the playground area
- bringing motorized vehicles (ATV’s, motorcycles, etc) into the park/playground
- We ask that bicyclists park their bikes when visiting the playground. We have already had one serious injury accident where a cyclist struck a child playing in the playground area.
Please note, there are no public washrooms at the playground.
Water for the Spray Deck will remain on daily from 10 AM – 8 PM until Community League Day in September.
The Green Shack will be returning to the playground for the period July 2 to August 23, 2013. This free supervised drop-in playground program will be open during the following times:
Mondays thru Thursdays 10:00 AM – 9:30 PM, and
Fridays 1:30 – 5:30 PM